The University of Toronto Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 is renowned for providing a prestigious fully funded opportunity for scholars to advance their research careers. Among the notable fellowships offered by the University is the Eric and Wendy Schmidt Postdoctoral Fellowship. This fellowship aims to support exceptional researchers by providing them with the necessary resources and guidance to conduct cutting-edge research at the University of Toronto. Artificial intelligence (AI) has the potential to revolutionize scientific research and development. From addressing climate change to combating infectious diseases, AI can accelerate the pace of scientific discoveries and help humanity tackle the challenges it faces.
Also apply for: Denys Holland Scholarship 2023 at University College London
The University of Toronto, as Canada’s leading research university, is at the forefront of AI research. The institution has made significant contributions to the field, particularly in areas such as deep learning, neural networks, and the intersection between AI and the natural sciences. To further boost the work of early-career scholars in engineering, mathematics, and natural science, the University of Toronto offers the Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Science Postdocs program. This program equips scholars with vital tools in AI, empowering them to make groundbreaking contributions to their respective fields.
University of Toronto Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 (Fully Funded) Details:
|University of Toronto
|Eric and Wendy Fellowship
|$85,000 CDN per year.
|02 October 2023.
Available Research Fields:
The University of Toronto welcomes scholars from various research fields to apply for the postdoctoral fellowship. Some of the fields of research include:
- Applied Science
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
- Life Science
For a comprehensive list of eligible fields, Please visit NSERC Research Subject Codes.
- The Eric and Wendy Schmidt Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Toronto offers a salary of $85,000 CDN per year.
- Fellows receive comprehensive benefits as part of the fellowship package.
- The program aims to attract and retain talented researchers by providing financial stability.
- The fellowship supports research and professional development.
- It allows fellows to focus on their research without financial concerns.
- The program acknowledges the importance of supporting researchers for knowledge advancement.
- Comprehensive benefits enhance the overall support provided to fellows.
- The fellowship is a prestigious opportunity for career advancement at the University of Toronto.
The duration of the Eric and Wendy Schmidt Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Toronto is two years.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Toronto Postdoctoral Fellowship:
To be eligible for the University of Toronto Postdoctoral Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate academic excellence and leadership in their research domain.
- Show high potential for success in their chosen fields.
- Display strong synergy between the applicant, supervisor(s), and the institutional research environment.
- Have the potential to successfully incorporate AI research methodologies into their projects.
- Have completed their doctoral degree requirements no earlier than January 1, 2021.
- Applicants with significant career interruptions due to parental, medical, or family-related responsibilities, or research-related slowdowns/shutdowns caused by the Covid-19 pandemic within two years following Ph.D. completion may be eligible for an extended eligibility period until January 2020.
- International candidates must have completed their Ph.D. prior to the fellowship start date. Canadian citizens and permanent residents must have completed their Ph.D. within six months of the start date.
- Applicants should not hold any concurrent Postdoctoral Fellowship with the Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship and must resign from any current postdoctoral fellowship before accepting the award.
- Applicants must hold a degree in a natural sciences or engineering (NSE) discipline, which includes computer science and mathematics. The NSERC Research Subject Codes provide detailed information on eligible NSE disciplines.
- A supervisor who holds a full-time budgetary or status-only appointment at the University of Toronto is required.
Required Documents for University of Toronto Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023:
Applicants for the University of Toronto Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 (Fully Funded) must submit the following documents:
- Application Form for the Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Research Proposal (maximum of three pages)
- Bibliography (maximum of one page)
- AI in Science Training Plan (maximum of one page)
- Candidate Statement (maximum of two pages)
- Importance of Leadership Contributions (maximum one page)
- Applicant’s CV
- Two confidential letters of reference (maximum of two pages per letter)
- Supervisor Letter
Last Date to Apply?
The application deadline for the University of Toronto Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 (Fully Funded) for International students is August 1, 2023.
How to Apply for the University of Toronto Fellowship Program?
The application process for the University of Toronto Postdoctoral Fellowship is conducted online. Interested applicants can apply by visiting the official scholarship announcement or by following the online application link provided.