Canada has launched the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2024 program, which aims to educate and empower international students by providing them with training in Canadian research methods and techniques. The Globalink Research Internship in Canada is a 12-week program for international students that provides research opportunities in various fields under the guidance of Canadian university professors or faculty members. Interns participating in the program are able to continue their summer internships in fields such as science, engineering, mathematics, humanities, and social sciences. The fully-funded international internship also offers a variety of interdisciplinary and collaborative research projects, allowing students to search for projects in both specific and general categories.
Also Apply for: Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship 2023 in Germany
The fully-funded internship for students is available at nearly 70 universities across Canada. Numerous academic partners from around the world also participate in the research projects. During their internship projects at a Canadian university, participants in this top Canadian internship program are exposed to the ideas and techniques of academic partners from around the world. The program’s academic partners include Universities Australia, Brazil’s Araucaria Foundation, the China Scholarship Council, Colombia’s Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation, Fulbright Canada, and Universities UK International, among others. The Globalink internship program is supported by these international partners.
This top-tier internship program in Canada offers a platform for students from different universities to collaborate and work together on various projects. This international paid internship provides students with life-changing opportunities to connect with peers from different countries and institutions, leading to valuable cross-cultural experiences. This collaborative internship enables participants to build a global network of Mitacs Globalink alumni and work together towards a better future. As an example, a student from Harvard University collaborated with a lab at Queen’s University to design a rapid screening instrument for pathogens that cause Lyme disease. Likewise, researchers from the University of Alberta and Yukon University are collaborating with mining companies to restore vegetation to mines in Yukon.
The Global Research Internship for international students is a highly competitive initiative aimed at attracting talented researchers from Mitacs partner institutions in Canada. The main objective and purpose of this internship is to create a connection between Canada and emerging global research talent. In addition, Mitacs offers opportunities for interns to attend industry events, government events, and professional development courses during their stay in Canada. This enables interns to broaden their knowledge and skills by fully experiencing the benefits of the Mitacs Globalink Canada internship program. Moreover, studies have shown that 95% of interns speak positively about the impact of this internship program. Additionally, alumni of this internship program who wish to return to Canada for further studies are eligible to apply for the Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship in Canada 2024 Details:
|12-Week International Internship for students in Canada
|June 8, 2023
Benefits of the Matics Internship:
- Interns will have the opportunity to conduct their research with Canadian professors and universities.
- Interns will receive a stipend for their student enrollment fees, up to a maximum of $300.
- Round-trip airfare to Canada will be provided.
- Interns will be provided with transportation from the airport in Canada to their accommodation.
- Students will be given a stipend for housing.
- Health insurance will be covered.
- Interns will receive free registration for industry events and professional development courses.
- A Globalink Research Completion Certificate will be provided to the interns.
Eligibility Criteria of Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2024 in Canada:
- The applicant must be a full-time undergraduate or undergraduate/master’s student from an eligible institution to apply.
- The applicant must be from an eligible country.
- Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant must have one or three semesters left to complete their undergraduate or graduate program as of the Fall of 2023.
- The applicant must be able to commit to a 12-week internship in Canada.
- A CV
- Your official transcript in English or French
- Personal Statement
- At least 1 reference letter
- A Valid Passport
- Research Experience
Mitacs Internship Application Deadline:
The application deadline for the Mitacs paid summer internship program 2024 is June 8, 2023.