The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Programs for 2023 are available to all international candidates interested in pursuing higher education overseas in Germany. Fully funded scholarship applications are now open for individuals who are interested in pursuing their undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees abroad. To qualify for the scholarship, applicants should have a robust academic background, demonstrate social and political engagement, and show a keen interest in the core values of the foundation. The foundation’s core values include ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination, and justice
Also apply for: Simmons University Kotzen Scholarships 2023-24 in the USA
The Heinrich Boll Foundation is offering 1000 scholarships for individuals pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees. Prospective students who aspire to study at top-ranked universities in Germany are encouraged to submit their applications. The German Scholarship is open to all nationalities and covers all subject areas. This grant is available for pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate degree programs in almost all academic subjects and majors. The degree courses will be taken at universities in Germany that are either state-run or recognized by the state.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is an independent political foundation in Germany, established in 1997 through the merger of three predecessor organizations, and has since been associated with Alliance 90/The Greens. Heinrich Böll, a well-known German writer, is the inspiration behind the name of the Heinrich Böll Foundation. He is regarded as one of the most prominent writers in the Federal Republic of Germany, having lived from 1917 to 1985 and authored several notable works of fiction. The Heinrich Böll Foundation is guided by the core principles of ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, and self-determination and justice. These values serve as the foundation’s fundamental principles, which guide all of its activities and initiatives.
Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship 2023 in Germany Details:
|Undergraduate, Masters & Ph.D. Programs
|Fully Funded Scholarship
|Heinrich Boll Foundation
|1st September 2023
The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Programs for 2023 in Germany will cover basic expenses.
Types of Scholarships:
Heinrich Boll Foundation has two types of Scholarship Programs.
- Study Scholarship (Undergraduate, Master)
- Promotion Scholarship (Doctoral)
For Masters Degree:
- For German or Foreign Students studying in Germany: Bachelor
- European or Not Educated in Germany: Master’s Degree Only
- Non-European or Students Not Educated in Germany: Master’s Degree Only
No. of Scholarships:
Over 1,000 scholarships will be offered to international students and German students from around the world to study in Germany through the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Programs for 2023.
The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships in Germany will cover basic expenses, and the details of the scholarship benefits are provided below.
Germans/International students educated in Germany and EU nationals/Students not educated in Germany:
- For Ph.D. students, the scholarship will provide €1350 per month in addition to a research allowance of €100 per month.
- For undergraduate and master’s students, the scholarship will provide a maximum monthly stipend of €649 and a book allowance of €300.
Non-EU nationals/Students not educated in Germany:
- Ph.D. students who receive the scholarship will be provided with €1,200 per month in addition to a €100 mobility allowance per month, as well as various individual allowances.
- Undergraduate and graduate students will receive €85 through the scholarship.
Funding of research stays abroad:
- Additional funding is available exclusively for scholarship holders who are either German or international students who have studied in Germany or EU nationals/students who were not educated in Germany.
- For non-EU nationals/students who have not studied in Germany, funding is available for limited periods spent abroad.
Funding for tuition fees
- For Germans and international students who have studied in Germany or EU nationals/students who were not educated in Germany, it is not possible to receive a scholarship for studies in Germany. However, it may be possible to receive the scholarship to a limited extent for undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. studies in other countries.
- Non-EU nationals/Students not studied in Germany:
- Ph.D. Students: Not possible;
- Bachelor and Master studies: Founding for the tuition fees available but In certain cases.
Required Documents for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship 2023 in Germany:
- University Entrance Exam or Equivalent
- If you have already started your studies, you will need to provide a list of study certificates up to the current date.
- International applicants who are seeking a master’s degree scholarship will need to provide a certified copy of their first-degree diploma.
- Certificate of enrollment for students
- To apply for the scholarship, written confirmation of German language proficiency is required. Applicants must have attained DSH 2 or Level B2 proficiency.
- As part of the scholarship application process, you will need to provide an expert recommendation from a university or college lecturer. Additionally, a third-party endorsement of your philanthropic efforts is also required.
- The Highest Degree Diploma
- Passport for International Students.
- Short Resume/CV.
- Recent Passport size Photograph.
- Research Proposal
- Consent letter or Invitation Letter
- Medical Report
- Research Paper/Publications if any.
- Proof of Citizenship (Passport, ID Card)
- Language Proof (optional)
- The motivational letter or Statement of purpose.
- Study plan
- Recommendation Letters.
- Health Certificate.
Application Deadline for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship 2023 in Germany:
The deadline to submit online applications for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Programs 2023 in Germany is September 1st, 2023.