International students who are interested in studying in China may be interested in the prestigious Xiamen University Chinese Government Scholarship 2023-24, which is designed to support talented individuals who seek to pursue their academic goals at one of China’s leading universities. China Scholarship Council (CSC) is offering fully funded scholarships to international students who wish to pursue a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree at a university in China.
This blog post will give you a comprehensive introduction to the Xiamen University Chinese Government Scholarship, including information on the eligibility requirements, application process, and advantages of studying at Xiamen University. Whether you are a current student or a recent graduate seeking to advance your education in China, the scholarship program provides a remarkable opportunity to obtain financial support and immerse yourself in a dynamic and culturally diverse nation.
International students from all over the world have access to a diverse range of scholarships offered by Xiamen University. The medium of instruction at Xiamen University varies based on the degree program in which a student is enrolled and may be delivered in either English or Chinese. An example of such a scholarship is the Chinese University Program, which is fully funded by the Chinese Ministry of Education and designed to support exceptional international students who wish to pursue graduate studies in China. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity for international students to study at Xiamen University on a full scholarship!
As a highly-regarded public university established in 1921 and situated in Xiamen, Fujian, China, Xiamen University is an excellent choice for students seeking a top-quality education. The university comprises a graduate school, 25 schools, and 64 departments, as well as 10 research institutes and centers. Xiamen University provides a wide range of academic options including 82 undergraduate programs, 279 graduate programs, 40 master’s degrees in first-class disciplines, 26 doctoral degrees in first-class fields, and 185 Ph.D. programs. Xiamen University boasts 15 postdoctoral study centers and 9 ‘national talent education centers’ subjects, as well as 5 first-class and 9 national primary disciplines of the second-class. In the QS Global World University Rankings 2022, Xiamen University is ranked #432.
Xiamen University Chinese Government Fully Funded Scholarship 2023-24 Description:
|Bachelor, Master & Ph.D.
|February 28, 2023
- The Xiamen University Chinese Government Scholarship 2023-24 in China will fully cover the expenses of the selected students, including the costs listed below.
1. The scholarship program fully covers tuition fees for the selected students.
2. Scholarship recipients will receive a free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy as part of the scholarship program.
- Undergraduates: CNY 2,500 per month.
- Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month.
- Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
4. Comprehensive medical insurance:
- CNY 800 per person per year (for programs lasting six months or longer);
- CNY 400 per person (for programs lasting less than six months).
Programs being Offered by Xiamen University:
The University of Xiamen offers all of its programs for both master’s and doctoral degrees. The Bachelor’s degree program is typically 4-5 years in duration, while the Master’s degree program usually takes 2-3 years and the PhD program takes 3-4 years. Applicants can only apply for the scholarship after they have been admitted to the University of Xiamen.
- Applicants must be in good health and hold a non-Chinese nationality.
- Foreign students who are not currently studying in China, as well as graduates from Chinese universities, are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Outstanding research performance.
- Applicants should have good science research expertise.
- Master’s degree candidates must be under 35 years of age.
- Graduate students must be under 40.
The following documents are needed for applying scholarship to Xiamen University:
- CV or Resume.
- Transcript and Degree
- Passport Size Photo
- Scanned Copy of the Passport
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement or Motivational letter
- Study Plan or Research Proposal.
- Proof of Language Proficiency
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- An acceptance letter from a professor at Xiamen University may also be submitted as part of the application (optional).
- Or any other supporting documents
- For Chinese-taught programs, applicants must submit a report showing they have achieved an HSK4 level or above (with a minimum score of 210, valid for two years). For English-taught programs, applicants must provide an English language proficiency certificate.
- If the medium of instruction in your previous education was not English, you must provide an IELTS score of 5.5 or above, or a TOEFL score of 80 or above (valid for two years).
- To demonstrate English proficiency, applicants can provide a certificate from their previous academic institution, and IELTS is not required.
Last date to apply for Xiamen University CSC Scholarship:
The deadline for the Xiamen University Chinese Government Scholarship 2023-24 in China application is February 28th, 2023.
Application Procedure for Xiamen University Chinese Government Fully Funded Scholarship:
To apply for the Xiamen University Chinese Government Scholarship, the application process is conducted online. Please refer to the link provided below to apply or check the official scholarship announcement for more information.
1. To apply for the Xiamen University Chinese Government Scholarship, start by applying at the CSC Online Portal at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn (select Program Category: Type B; Agency No. 10384) and then print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
2. After applying on the CSC Online Portal and printing out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships, applicants should then apply on the University Portal using http://application.xmu.edu.cn, and upload a scanned copy of the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. There is no need to mail paper application materials.