The UBC Public Scholars Award in Canada 2023/24 is an eagerly anticipated opportunity that provides funding for talented international students to come study in Canada. The aim of this UBC scholarship program 2023 in Canada is to attract highly skilled international students and offer them the opportunity to establish robust networks and community connections. The UBC International Student Award is focused not only on career advancement but also on promoting community service among its recipients. Recipients of this award are expected to create final works that will not only benefit their personal career goals but also have a positive impact on their communities.
Also Apply for Leiden University Scholarships 2023 in the Netherlands
The University of British Columbia(UBC) scholarship for 2023-24 in Canada is part of the UBC Public Scholar Initiative (PSI), designed to provide financial support for students to study in Canada without the burden of paying tuition fees. The PSI international scholarship serves as a catalyst in turning the dream of studying in Canada for free into a tangible reality. Thanks to the University of British Columbia Scholars Award Initiative, 30-35 students are given the opportunity to pursue their studies in one of the world’s top institutions each year. Without this initiative, such an opportunity would not be possible for these students.
The University of British Columbia is located on the traditional territory of Vancouver. The city is renowned for its exceptional seasonal significance. One can relish the snow-capped city as well as sun-drenched beaches. There are many reasons why the city is attractive, ranging from its environment to its food and living conditions. Students who receive the UBC Public Scholars scholarship will be incredibly fortunate as they will not only have the opportunity to conduct research and pursue their studies, but also experience a lifetime of cultural diversity, collaboration, and coexistence. The city’s appealing nature has resulted in a diverse international culture, making it a joy forever to study in such an environment.
Given that the aim of this Canadian scholarship is to provide a networking platform, the university has a distinguished group of students known as the Graduate Student Ambassadors. The Graduate Student Ambassadors actively engage and collaborate with other students by conducting various physical and online sessions, to help them become familiar with the courses and campus. Additionally, international scholars become part of the UBC alumni community and have the chance to explore opportunities to connect with other alumni. Due to its excellent education standards and student-friendly environment, UBC has a large student body of 10,000, including 2,500 international students. Therefore, the UBC-funded initiative is an opportunity that should not be missed at any cost.
UBC Public Scholars Award in Canada 2023/24:
|University of British Columbia
|May 12, 2023
Benefits of the UBC Public Scholars Award in Canada 2023/24:
- The recipients of the award will receive $10,000 twice, for each academic year.
- The grant can be utilized as a travel allowance for professional development or research-related scholarly work.
- If the student’s current funding source is insufficient to cover the expense, the grant can be used as a stipend.
- To be eligible for the UBC Public Scholars Award, the candidate must be a student in the UBC Doctoral program, which can be a Ph.D., EdD, or DMA.
- Students from the UBC Okanagan Campus are also eligible to apply for the UBC Public Scholars Award.
- To be eligible for the UBC Public Scholars Award, the candidate must not have completed more than 48 months of doctoral studies on campus.
- To be eligible for the UBC Public Scholars Award, the candidates must have registered with the university on or after September 1, 2023.
- Exceptions may be made for applicants in their 6th year of doctoral study (48 to 60 months) only under exceptional circumstances.
How to apply?
- Applicants are required to submit their applications online.
- The applicants are required to download the scholarship application form, complete it and then upload it as part of their online application.
- To access the fellowship form, candidates can click the “Apply Now” button on the PSI website.
- To apply for the PSI Fellowship, candidates must complete the Canadian Common CV (CCV) on the CCV Web site and upload it as part of their application. The CCV Web site link is https://ccv-cvc.ca/indexresearcher-eng.frm.
- The candidates are required to use the Vanier-Banting Academic CV template when completing the CCV.
- The applicant’s supervisors must submit two letters of support through the link provided on the application main page, which can be accessed by downloading the necessary documents under “Application Procedures.”
- The recommendation letters must bear the signature of the referee, which can be either electronic or digital.
- The last date to apply for the UBC scholarship 2023 is May 12, 2023.