International students can apply for the Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships in Canada for the year 2023.McGill University offers PhD-level programs in all subjects, which are eligible for the scholarship. Exceptional doctoral students conducting research in natural sciences, engineering, and technology fields have the opportunity to receive the prestigious Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowship at McGill University. It provides financial support and recognition to its recipient, with the goal of attracting and retaining top-notch talent at McGill University. Dr. Stephen Tomlinson, a renowned scientist, and former professor at McGill University, who made significant contributions to the field of engineering, is the namesake of the Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowship award. The Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowship provides funding for tuition, living expenses, research opportunities, and professional development activities. To qualify for the Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowship, applicants must have a strong academic record and research background and must have been accepted into a doctoral program at McGill University.
Located in Montreal, Canada, McGill University is a globally recognized research institution. Established in 1821, McGill University is one of Canada’s oldest universities.McGill University has a diverse student population of over 40,000 students and offers more than 300 programs across various disciplines, including arts, science, engineering, medicine, and law.McGill University places a strong emphasis on research and is recognized as one of the leading universities in Canada and the world. It consistently ranks among the top institutions for its research achievements and contributions to various fields.
International students can enjoy a unique and diverse experience by studying in Canada, where they can access top-notch academic programs and be part of a welcoming and inclusive community. Canada’s excellent education system and multicultural society are renowned for fostering a supportive and inclusive environment for students from around the world. Canada’s high standard of living, along with its safe and secure environment, makes it an ideal destination for international students to study and live. Studying in Canada also presents students with the chance to immerse themselves in a different culture and learn a new language. This offers valuable skills and experiences that can be applied in their future careers, as well as broadening their personal and professional horizons.
Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships 2023-24 Details:
|25 May 2023.
- The Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships are available to students who have been accepted into a doctoral program at McGill University with a start date in Fall 2023.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled at McGill University or whose latest degree was completed or in progress at McGill University are not eligible for the Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships.
- Former McGill students who have completed a graduate degree at another institution are eligible to apply for the Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships. Additionally, visiting students at McGill who are completing the requirements for a degree from another university may also apply.
- To be eligible for the Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships, applicants must have a first-class academic record. At McGill University, a first-class GPA is considered to be 3.7 (or 3.5 in Law) in each of the last two years of full-time study at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Applicants for the Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships must submit their application package to the department or academic unit where they intend to study. An internal deadline that is earlier than the GPS deadline may apply.
Your application package must include
- The Application Form
- Two letters of reference (Applicants for the Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships must arrange for two external referees to provide letters of recommendation commenting on their academic and research accomplishments and potential. The referees should send their letters directly to the academic unit where the applicant intends to study.)
- As part of the application package for the Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships, the proposed supervisor is required to submit a statement that comments on the applicant’s academic and research achievements and potential, as well as their alignment with the supervisor’s research program. This statement should be submitted directly to the academic unit.
- Applicants must provide all official transcripts or certified copies of transcripts from their graduate and undergraduate studies at the university level as part of their application package for the Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships.
Applicants must already have an admissions letter and a funding letter.
If selected Your department or academic unit will handle the submission of your application package, along with any other necessary documents, to GPS on your behalf. It is important to note that submitting application materials directly to GPS is not permitted.
The deadline for the scholarship is 25 May 2023.