In an era where misinformation can rapidly spread, especially through social media platforms, the Google News Initiative and Poynter have joined forces to address this pressing issue. They have jointly introduced the Poynter & Google News Initiative Misinformation Student Fellowship Program 2023. This program aims to combat mis- and disinformation at the community level by empowering students to work alongside local newsrooms. Through various projects, fellows will contribute to enhancing digital literacy and curbing the spread of false information. This article delves into the details of the fellowship, including eligibility criteria, benefits, and the application process.
The Fellowship Program by Poynter and Google News Initiative Misinformation 2023 is open to students from around the world. Aspiring fellows must be enrolled in a recognized university or college. The program provides an opportunity for students to contribute to the fight against misinformation in the United States by working in local newsrooms. Fellows will engage in projects aimed at combating the spread of false information and promoting digital literacy, particularly among younger generations.
Poynter and Google News Initiative Misinformation Student Fellowship Program 2023 Details:
|Poynter and Google News Initiative Misinformation
|21st July 2023.
Eligibility Criteria of Google News Fellowship Program:
To be eligible for the Fellowship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Age: Applicants must be at least 18 years old by January 1, 2023.
- Enrollment: Candidates should be enrolled in an accredited college or university as of January 1, 2023.
- Work Authorization: Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to be employed in the United States.
- In-Person Work: Fellows should be able to work in person if required by the host newsroom.
Benefits of the Google Fellowship Program:
Selected fellows will receive several benefits as part of the program:
- Stipend: Fellows will be awarded a stipend of $10,000 for the duration of the fellowship program.
- Training: Participants will have the opportunity to receive training from renowned institutions such as Google News Lab and Poynter’s MediaWise Initiative.
- Campus Correspondents: Fellows will become part of the fall cohort of the Campus Correspondents program, further enhancing their experience and network.
The Fellowship program will run from approximately September to December, aligning with the fall semester. During this period, fellows will have the opportunity to contribute to local newsrooms and actively combat the spread of misinformation in their respective communities.
The application deadline is July 21, 2023.
How to Apply for Student Fellowship Program?
The application process for the Poynter and Google News Initiative Misinformation Fellowship Program 2023 is straightforward. Interested candidates are required to apply online through the provided application form. To ensure a successful application, follow these steps:
- Online Application: Complete the application form provided on the official website.
- Careful Completion: Fill out the application form with accurate and detailed information.
- Additional Information: Visit the official website for more information regarding the application process and requirements.
The Poynter and Google News Initiative Misinformation Fellowship Program 2023 offers an invaluable opportunity for students to make a significant impact in the fight against misinformation. By collaborating with local newsrooms, fellows will contribute to curbing the spread of false information and promoting digital literacy. The program provides a stipend, training from reputable institutions, and the chance to become part of the Campus Correspondents program. If you are passionate about eliminating misinformation and empowering communities, consider applying for this fellowship and joining the battle against falsehoods.
For more information, visit the Misinformation Student Fellowship.