Are you a young ophthalmologist looking to undertake advanced research in ophthalmology? Look no further, as the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship 2024 is now open for applications. In this comprehensive guide, we will provide you with all the information you need about this prestigious fellowship, including its benefits and step-by-step application process.
The ICO Fellowship is a funded Fellowship program designed for international students who wish to pursue research in ophthalmology. The fellowship provides recipients with a generous stipend of up to US$50,000 to cover living expenses and return travel. The ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship is specifically targeted at young ophthalmologists from around the world who are interested in conducting basic or clinical research at a chosen university.
International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship 2024 Details:
|Host Organization:||International Council of Ophthalmology|
|Eligible nationality:||International Students|
|Deadline:||March 31 / September 30 (each year)|
The ICO Fellowship offers a comprehensive coverage package to its recipients. Successful applicants will receive a stipend of up to US$50,000, which will help cover their living expenses during the fellowship period. Additionally, the fellowship also provides support for return travel.
Eligibility Criteria for International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship:
To be eligible for the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship 2024, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Description of previous work in the field of application
- Detailed CV, including a publications list and impact factors
- Endorsement from the current program director
- Feasibility confirmation from the chosen host university
- Please provide an in-depth explanation of how the research will be sustained throughout the fellowship.
- Sustainability statement, confirming the applicant’s return after the fellowship
- Minimum 12 months of research training
- Online application on the ICO website
- Applications accepted for research work in various sub-specialties
- Copy of specialist exam in ophthalmology
- Reasonable fluency in the language of the fellowship training center
- Age under 40 at the time of application
- Recommended: Passing one or more ICO exams
- Special consideration for applicants from countries with ICO member societies
How to Apply for the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship 2024?
The application process for the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship 2024 is straightforward and can be completed in a few easy steps:
- Create an ICO Account: If you do not already have one, you will need to create an ICO Account.
- Select a Fellowship: After identifying your country, the ICO Fellowships you are eligible for will be shown.
- Complete Eligibility Check: Provide the necessary information to determine your eligibility for the selected ICO Fellowship.
- ICO Eligibility Review: Once your information is submitted, the ICO will review your eligibility and notify you of the decision. If eligible, you will be asked to complete the application.
- Apply to a Host Training Center: If deemed eligible, you can select and apply to a host training center. Remember, you can only apply to one host at a time.
- Host Application Review: Your application will be reviewed by the host you have selected. Upon acceptance, it will be necessary for you to verify the mutually agreed-upon details with the host. If declined, you can choose another host.
Fellowship Application Submitted: You will receive a notification once your fellowship application is complete and it will be reviewed by the appropriate ICO Fellowship Committee.