Great to know that the Global Korea Scholarship 2023 is now open for applications! The Korean Government Scholarship Program, previously known as KGSP, is now accepting applications for the prestigious and highly competitive Global Korea Scholarship 2023. This program is a fully-funded scholarship that covers both masters and Ph.D. degree studies. The funding for this scholarship opportunity is provided by the Korean government. The GKS 2023 will choose over 1300 international students from 155 countries, who desire to pursue a graduate-level degree (master’s or doctoral) or research in Korea.
The selected students will be assigned to various universities located in South Korea. The objective of the Korean Ministry of Education is to enhance international exchanges and competitiveness. Since 2016, over 104,000 international students have received the Korean scholarship. There is no limit to the fields of study, and all candidates will have ample opportunities to pursue their career goals. There are two methods to apply for KGSP 2023: applicants can submit their documents either to the Korean Embassy in their country or directly to a university in Korea.
The Global Korea Scholarship for Graduate Degrees, offered by South Korea, is among the most prestigious and competitive scholarships globally. The South Korean Global Korea Scholarship for Graduate Degrees is comparable to other fully-funded international scholarship programs, such as the US Fulbright Scholarship, Chinese Government Scholarship, Australia Awards Scholarships, Turkey Burslari Scholarships, Austria Government Scholarship, Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, Romania Government Scholarship, New Zealand Government Scholarship, Netherlands Government Scholarship, Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, and DAAD Scholarship in Germany.
Why one should study in South Korea?
When compared to European countries, South Korea provides well-prepared scholarships along with affordable living expenses and accommodation costs. Additionally, international students who participate in the program will have the opportunity to develop cross-cultural understanding, explore international laboratories, and immerse themselves in the different cities of South Korea.
Global Korea Scholarship 2023 | Study in Korea:
- South Korea
- Master’s Degree Programs
- Ph.D. Programs
- Research Programs
Available Universities and Fields of Study:
- For general information, please refer to the ‘2023 GKS-G Available Universities & Fields of Study’ file attached in the Application Guidelines. If you require further information, please contact each university directly.
GKS Scholarship Duration:
- Doctoral Degree Program: 4 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 3 years of the regular degree program
- Master’s Degree Program: 3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years of a degree program
- Research Program: 6 Months or 1 Year
Benefits of the Korean Government Scholarship 2023:
The fully-funded scholarship in South Korea covers all expenses of the selected students. The scholarship will cover:
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- The scholarship provides a settlement allowance of 200,000 KRW, which will be offered once after the student’s entry into Korea.
- The scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 900,000 KRW per month for students in degree programs and 1,500,000 KRW per month for students in research programs.
- Research Allowance
- Liberal Arts and Social Science majors: 210,000 KRW per semester
- Natural Science and Engineering majors: 240,000 KRW per semester
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- Research Support Fees
- Medical Insurance will be covered.
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
Eligibility Criteria of Global Korea Scholarship 2023 in South Korea:
- All international students can apply.
- Korean citizens are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates applying for a graduate program must be younger than 40 years of age.
- An applicant for a Master’s program must hold a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent level of education.
- The level of education required for an applicant to a Master’s program is equivalent to or higher than a Bachelor’s degree.
- An applicant for a Doctoral program must hold a Master’s degree or an equivalent level of education that is equal to or higher than a Master’s degree.
- An applicant for a Research program must have received an invitation from one of the partner universities.
- Individuals who have already availed themselves of the Korean scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be in good health.
How to Apply for the Global Korea Scholarship 2023?
There are two methods to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2023. You can either apply through the Korean Embassy in your country or directly to a domestic university in Korea.
- When applying to the Korean Embassy, candidates are required to submit original or attested documents to the embassy.
- On the other hand, applying directly to the university requires candidates to submit all necessary documents to the domestic university.
- An applicant applying through the embassy can apply to a maximum of three universities, whereas an applicant applying directly to a university can only apply to one university.
- Students who pass the second round of the Embassy track process should not consider it as the final selection.
Required Documents for GKS South Korea Scholarship 2023:
- Recommendation letters
- Attested transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Published books
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Medical Assessment form
Each country’s Korean embassy and domestic university have different application deadlines, so it is important to apply as soon as possible.