Are you an outstanding individual from an ADB developing member country looking to pursue your higher education in Japan? If so, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Japan Scholarship 2024 at the University of Tokyo is a prestigious and fully funded opportunity you don’t want to miss. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about this scholarship program, including eligibility criteria, benefits, available study fields, and how to apply.
The ADB Japan Scholarship 2024 is a highly competitive and sought-after scholarship opportunity that aims to support outstanding individuals from developing member countries to pursue their higher education in Japan. Funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the scholarship program covers all expenses for selected candidates, including full tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, accommodation, airfare, and other benefits. The University of Tokyo, known for its academic excellence and world-class faculty, provides a supportive and stimulating academic environment, making the learning experience truly enriching and impactful.
Must Check: Ursinus Gateway Scholarship 2023-24 in the USA
The University of Tokyo ADB Scholarship 2024 in Japan Details:
|University of Tokyo
|10 December 2023.
The ADB Japan Scholarship 2024 at the University of Tokyo is a fully funded scholarship that covers all expenses for selected candidates, including:
- Full tuition fees
- A monthly subsistence and housing allowance
- An allowance for books and instructional materials
- Medical insurance
- Airfare travel expenses.
Available Academic Fields:
The University of Tokyo offers a range of disciplines and programs to cater to diverse interests. The available study fields for the ADB Japan Scholarship 2024 at the University of Tokyo include:
- Environment Studies
- International Studies
- Sustainability Science
- Civil Engineering and Infrastructure Development
- Public Policy
- Urban Engineering
- Health Science
- Department of International Studies
- Graduate Program in Sustainability Science
- Department of Human and Engineered Environmental Studies
- Department of Natural Environmental Studies
- Department of Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
- Department of Environment Systems
- Department of Socio-cultural Environmental Studies.
Eligibility Criteria for The University of Tokyo ADB Scholarship:
To apply for the ADB Japan Scholarship 2024 at the University of Tokyo, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have the citizenship of ADB developing member country
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Have a strong academic background
- Proficiency in English, as all courses at the University of Tokyo, are conducted in English
- Be no more than 35 years old at the time of application (exceptions are made for senior officials and managers)
- Worked full-time for at least two years
- Agree to return and work in your home country for at least two years after completing your master’s degree.
To be considered for the ADB Japan Scholarship 2024 at the University of Tokyo, applicants must ensure their applications are submitted before the deadline of December 10, 2023.
How to Apply for The University of Tokyo ADB Scholarship 2024?
To apply for the ADB Japan Scholarship 2024 at the University of Tokyo, follow these steps:
- Check your eligibility on the ADB website.
- Retrieve a list of faculty members whom I desire to have as supervisors.
- Upload application materials before the deadline.
- Applicants who have been successful will need to submit their documents for the ADB scholarship application by mid-February.
- ADB-JSP notifies the selection result in May.
- Enter Japan with a student visa in late September. The autumn semester starts on October 1st, 2024.
Note that: No separate application is needed for the ADB Japan Scholarship 2024 at the University of Tokyo. Candidates are required to apply directly to the University, and only those who have received admission offers and endorsement from the participating academic institutions will be considered for the scholarship by ADB. Expenses for the family will not be covered.