Are you looking to pursue your undergraduate studies in Canada? Well, we have some good news for you! The University of British Columbia (UBC) in Canada is currently offering the UBC Undergraduate Scholarships for the academic year 2024-2025. In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about these scholarships, including their benefits and a step-by-step application process. So, let’s dive in!
UBC is committed to supporting international undergraduate students by allocating more than $20 million annually to scholarships, awards, and other forms of financial assistance. These scholarships not only provide financial support but also serve as a testament to the university’s dedication to fostering academic excellence.
Also, apply for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program 2024 in Austria
University of British Columbia Scholarships 2024 in Canada Details:
|University of British Columbia (UBC)
|January 15, 2024
The University of British Columbia Scholarships 2024 provides recipients with various benefits, including financial support. However, the number and level of scholarships awarded each year may vary depending on the availability of funding. Therefore, it is essential to refer to the official UBC website for the latest information on scholarship coverage.
Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award
The Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award is a prestigious, merit-based entrance scholarship offered to qualified students upon admission to UBC. This scholarship is a one-time award and is given to students who demonstrate exceptional academic strength and involvement outside of the classroom. It serves as recognition for their outstanding achievements and contributions.
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES)
The International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students who are entering undergraduate programs at UBC. Recipients of the IMES scholarships receive the award when they enroll in their first year at UBC, and the scholarships can be renewed for up to three additional years of study. The number and level of scholarships awarded each year may vary based on funding availability.
UBC offers a wide range of undergraduate programs across various disciplines. Here are some of the areas of study available for scholarship applicants:
- People, Culture, and Society
- History, Law, and Politics
- Languages and Linguistics
- Media and Fine Arts
- Business and Economics
- Earth, Environment, and Sustainability
- Health and Life Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Math, Chemistry, and Physics
Eligibility Criteria for University of British Columbia Scholarships
To be eligible for the University of British Columbia Scholarships 2024 in Canada, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Language Proficiency: As English is the primary language of instruction at UBC, all prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English proficiency before being admitted.
- Nationality: The scholarships are open to students from all countries around the world.
- New to UBC: Applicants must be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary education.
- Study Permit: International students applying for the scholarships must hold a Canadian study permit (student visa) to study at UBC. It’s important to note that changes in citizenship status may affect the eligibility for the IMES scholarship.
- Academic Excellence: Candidates must demonstrate exceptional academic achievement, intellectual promise, and notable involvement in extracurricular and community activities.
- Not Nominated for Need-and-Merit-Based Scholarships: Applicants should not be nominated for any need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
The deadline for international students to apply for the scholarship is January 15, 2024.
How to Apply for University of British Columbia Scholarships 2024?
To apply for the University of British Columbia Scholarships in Canada, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Create an Account: Visit the official UBC website and create a new account here. Provide all the necessary details to set up your account.
- Complete Your Profile: After creating your account, complete your profile with accurate information. This will help the scholarship committee evaluate your application effectively.
- Apply for UBC: Once your profile is complete, proceed to apply for UBC by filling out the application form. Make sure to provide all the required information, including your academic qualifications, extracurricular activities, and any relevant achievements.
- Submit Supporting Documents: Along with your application, you will need to submit documents that demonstrate your eligibility for the scholarships. These documents may include academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and proof of English language proficiency.
Meet English Language Admission Standard: It is essential to submit documents showing that you meet the minimum English Language Admission Standard by the specified deadline, which is usually February 15th.