The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship for the year 2023-24 present an excellent opportunity for exceptional graduate students looking to enhance their skills in specific fields of study. Fully-funded scholarships are being offered to individuals who possess the potential to cultivate practical expertise and have a keen interest in pursuing a two-year master’s program in a Commonwealth country with a low or middle-income status. This opportunity is especially geared towards those who face financial and other challenges that prevent them from pursuing their studies in their home country. These master’s scholarships aid students in enhancing their professional competencies while they are pursuing their studies, equipping them with the latest and most competitive skillsets required for the job market. The scholarships, sponsored by the UK, serve as a platform to bring about positive change in developing countries, assisting students in addressing global challenges with efficient, effective, and forward-thinking solutions.
Also Apply for: Central South University Scholarship 2023-2024 in China
The Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 has been designed for talented and enthusiastic students to help them acquire the necessary skills to achieve the overarching goal of international collaboration. The goal of Commonwealth Scholarship is to identify individuals who face obstacles in their academic careers that prevent them from pursuing their studies. In light of the current pandemic, these scholarships have become a beacon of hope for young students. These scholarships offer students the opportunity to work under the guidance and supervision of world-class mentors from highly esteemed universities. Through this approach, the organization can fulfill its core mission of achieving sustainable development goals through higher education, ultimately leading to the promotion of green and clean development. The universities share the vision that the attainment of sustainable development goals requires informed research, refined teaching, and enthusiastic community involvement.
The fully-funded scholarship program is being offered in five key areas. Through excellent research and inspirational teaching, universities are contributing to the creation of a world free from anxiety, promoting happiness and good health as a testament to their efforts. Through international collaboration, universities aim to expand their knowledge, facilitate the exchange of ideas, and strengthen relationships with nations. By providing easy access and promoting inclusivity, these institutes operate on the principle of socio-politico-economic equality, with a strong drive to learn, lead, and progress. Furthermore, universities provide students with a conducive environment for conducting research. These universities envision building strong foundations, as they believe that strong academic institutions are the foundation of strong nations.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship for 2023 are aimed at investing in future scholars who are committed to creating positive change in global communities. These scholarships for international students aim to provide individuals with life-changing opportunities by exposing them to the environment and culture of a new country. The Association of Commonwealth Universities aims to support excellence and build a better world through the British standard of higher education, while also adhering to the principles of the Commonwealth. Furthermore, the Association currently covers over 500 member universities in almost 50 countries under the banner of the Commonwealth. More than 60% of their members belong to low and middle-income countries, while 5% belong to small states. This program is easily accessible, particularly for individuals from developing countries who lack the necessary resources to thrive in a globalized world.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2023-24:
|Fiji, Samoa, Vanuatu, South Africa, Sri Lanka
|24 May 2023
- The University of the South Pacific
- University of Eswatini (UNESWA)
- Stellenbosch University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Pretoria
- University of Colombo
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Fields of Study:
1. The University of the South Pacific
- MA Applied Linguistics
- MA Development Studies
- MA Diplomacy & International Affairs
- MA Geography
- MA Governance
- MA History
- MA Journalism
- MA Linguistics
- MA Literature
- MA Major in Education
- MA Marine Management
- MA Mathematics
- MA Pacific Studies
- MA Politics/ International Affairs
- MA Social Policy
- MA Sociology
- Master of Agriculture (by thesis)
- Master of Commerce in Accounting (by thesis)
- Master of Commerce in Economics
- Master of Commerce in Official Statistics
- Master of Commerce in Population Studies & Demography
- Master of Commerce in Professional Accounting
- Master of Education
- Master of Environmental Law
- Master of Law
- MSc Biology
- MSc Chemistry
- MSc Computing Science
- MSc Earth Science
- MSc Engineering
- MSc Environmental Science
- MSc Geospatial Science
- MSc Information Systems
- MSc Marine Science
- MSc Mathematics
- MSc Physics
2. Stellenbosch University.
- MSc Pharmacology
- MSc Process Engineering (Chemical Engineering)
3. Tshwane University of Technology
4. The University of Colombo.
- MSc Molecular Life Sciences
- MSc Cellular and Molecular Immunology
5. University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- MBA Master of Business Administration
QECS Awards Program Duration:
- The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship for international students have a duration of 2 years.
Benefits of Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2023:
- The full tuition fee will be covered as part of the scholarship.
- The QECS scholarship will cover the living expenses of the selected students.
- The scholarship will cover the cost of return economy tickets for the selected students.
- In addition, the scholarship will provide an arrival allowance for the selected students.
- A research grant will also be provided as part of the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria of the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship:
- To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must be citizens, refugees, or permanent residents of an eligible Commonwealth country.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification.
- There is no age limit for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship, as long as they meet the other eligibility criteria.
For more info, visit QECS Faqs.
How to Apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship?
- The application process for all candidates is strictly online.
- To apply for the scholarship, an applicant must first create a MyACU account.
- To apply for the scholarship, an applicant must first create a MyACU account.
- After registering for a MyACU account, applicants will have access to the online application form which must be completed with care and accuracy.
- To complete the application process, candidates need to provide all necessary information including personal details, academic history, employment records, and the specific course they are interested in applying for.
- It is important to ensure that the course you wish to apply for is available at the university you have selected for admission.
- Applicants are required to provide statements that outline their study plan, the potential impact of their studies on their personal development and their community, their plans for post-study outreach, and their strategy for building networks.
- It is important to ensure that you have all your supporting documents ready before starting the application process.
- Please ensure that you are carefully completing and submitting your application with all the required details and supporting documents.
- Once the application is submitted, applicants will receive a confirmation email.
- The deadline for submitting applications for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2023-24 is May 24, 2023, at 3:00 PM (UTC).