Are you an ambitious international student looking for an opportunity to pursue your Ph.D. studies in Canada? If so, the Fully Funded Ontario Trillium Scholarship offered by Western University in Ontario might be the perfect opportunity for you. This prestigious scholarship aims to attract highly qualified international students to study in Canada on fully funded Scholarships. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the eligibility criteria, application procedures, and the value of the scholarship.
The Ontario Trillium Scholarship, sponsored by Western University in Canada, provides successful applicants with generous funding of $40,000 per year for up to 4 years. This scholarship is specifically targeted at top international students who wish to pursue their Ph.D. studies in Ontario. The number of awards offered each year is not specified, ensuring that a select group of deserving students benefit from this opportunity. The scholarship is exclusively available for postgraduate (Ph.D.) level studies and is open to international students from all nationalities.
The Ontario Trillium Scholarship at Western University (Fully Funded) Details:
|$40,000 per year for 4 years
|Varies with the Program.
- The scholarship provides recipients with substantial financial support of $40,000 per year.
- The scholarship is renewable for up to 4 years, ensuring continued financial assistance.
- Funding begins at the same time as the recipient’s Ph.D. program at Western University.
- Applicants should carefully review the scholarship’s terms and conditions for more information on funding and duration.
Eligibility Criteria for The Ontario Trillium Scholarship at Western University:
To be considered for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship, interested applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria. These criteria can be grouped into two categories: eligibility for nomination and eligibility to hold the award.
- Eligibility for Nomination: To be nominated for the scholarship, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be an international applicant: Must intend to pursue full-time doctoral studies at Western University.
- Applicants must not be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at any institution in Ontario.
- Must have a first-class average, scoring 80% or higher, calculated at the time of admission to Western.
Eligibility to Hold the Award:
Once nominated and selected for the fully funded scholarship, recipients must meet the following criteria to hold the award:
- Must remain registered as a full-time doctoral student in an eligible program at Western University for the duration of the award.
- Must not concurrently hold a Tri-Council award, an OGS (Ontario Graduate Scholarship), or a QEII-GSST (Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology).
- The annual renewal of the award is contingent on satisfactory progress and continued first-class standing in the program.
- If a recipient of the scholarship obtains permanent residency in Canada during the duration of the award, they are allowed to maintain their eligibility and continue holding the scholarship.
Last Date to Apply?
The application deadline for each program may differ. For specific deadlines, it is advisable to refer to the official website
How to Apply for The Ontario Trillium Scholarship?
- Apply for a postgraduate study at Western University, Canada.
- Express your interest in being considered for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship during the application process.
- Stay updated with the latest information and deadlines, as the application procedures are updated yearly.