Are you a passionate researcher in the field of economics and finance? Do you dream of expanding your research horizons and contributing to a prestigious institution? If so, the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2024 (Fully Funded) is the perfect opportunity for you. This highly competitive scholarship, offered by the Oesterreichische National Bank (OeNB), provides exceptional researchers with a chance to participate in the Economic Analysis and Research Department of the OeNB through consultancy services. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the eligibility criteria, application procedure, and benefits of the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship.
Also apply for: Kochi University of Technology PhD Scholarship 2024 in Japan
The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship was introduced by the OeNB as a replacement for its previous economic research awards. This prestigious scholarship aims to attract outstanding researchers with a proven record in economics and finance, as well as postdoctoral research experience. The program is open to both Austrian and international experts who are currently employed by a research institution in Austria or abroad.
Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2024 (Fully Funded) Details:
|Oesterreichische National Bank (OeNB)
|31 October 2023
The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship offers a range of benefits to successful applicants. Here is a summary of the scholarship coverage:
- Consultancy Fee: Recipients of the scholarship are awarded a consultancy fee for their services. The fee is capped at EUR 10,000 for the entire scholarship period, excluding taxes.
- Value-Added Tax: If the consultancy services provided are subject to taxation, the consultancy fee will be increased by the applicable sales tax rate, currently set at 20%.
It’s important to note that scholarship recipients are responsible for their own accommodation costs during the consultancy period. However, the OeNB may assist in finding suitable accommodation in Vienna, if feasible.
Eligibility Criteria for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship:
To be eligible for the Fully Funded Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2024, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Requirements: Candidates must hold a PhD or equivalent degree in economics or a related field, with a track record of published work and research in specified areas.
- Nationality and Age: The scholarship is open to individuals of any nationality, and there is no age limit.
- Individual Applications: Only individual applications are accepted. Applicants cannot apply for more than one scholarship.
- Expertise and Integration: Qualified candidates should possess extensive expertise in economic research and have strong connections within their research community.
- Active Employment: Applicants must provide proof of current employment with a research institution during their application and for the scholarship period.
- Previous Recipients: Those who have previously received the KLER Scholarship are not eligible to apply or renew their application.
- ECB Employees: Employees of the European Central Bank or other central banks in the European System of Central Banks are not eligible for this scholarship.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is October 31, 2023. It is important to submit your application before the deadline to be considered for this prestigious scholarship opportunity.
How to Apply for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2024?
To apply for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2024 (Fully Funded), candidates must follow a specific application procedure. Here are the steps to follow:
- Letter of Motivation: Applicants should include a letter of motivation, clearly stating the desired time frame for the consultancy services.
- Consultancy Proposal: A detailed consultancy proposal should be provided, outlining the specific research topics and activities to be undertaken during the scholarship period.
- Research Description: Candidates should provide a description of their current research topics and activities.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): An up-to-date CV should be included, highlighting the candidate’s academic and professional achievements.
- List of Publications: Applicants should provide an up-to-date list of publications or an extract from their publication record.
- References: The names of two references who can provide additional information about the candidate’s research and expertise should be provided. The OeNB may contact these references if necessary.
- Proof of Income: Candidates must provide evidence of their basic income.
- Confirmation from Home Institution: A written confirmation from the candidate’s home institution is required, stating that the scholarship will not infringe upon the candidate’s work contract.
All application documents must be compiled into a single PDF file. The completed application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.