The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation in Japan 2023-2024 provides scholarships to exceptional students who are interested in pursuing their studies at Japanese universities, as well as Japanese students studying abroad. The scholarships aim to help students acquire advanced technical knowledge and improve their capabilities, which can serve as a bridge connecting Japan with the rest of the world in terms of culture and mutual friendships. The scholarship is offered by the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation. The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers scholarships for students who are interested in pursuing Master’s or PhD programs at any higher education institution in Japan. This scholarship is fully funded, and more than 10 scholarships are awarded per session. Scholarships are open twice a year, in Fall and Spring.
This scholarship is fully funded and encompasses various benefits such as a monthly stipend, accommodation expenses, and travel costs to attend an international conference. It is a prerequisite for the students to possess adequate knowledge and a profound understanding of international camaraderie. The aim of this scholarship is to attract exceptional and bright students from across the globe and provide them with an opportunity to pursue higher studies in any field of their choice at any university in Japan. The HONJO scholarship is a fiercely competitive program, and interested students are required to apply directly to the foundation without any prior nomination from their respective universities in Japan.
The application mode is online and its process is given below. To be eligible for the HONJO scholarship, candidates must have at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, which corresponds to 16 years of formal education, to apply for a master’s degree program. It is imperative for applicants to have proficiency in the everyday Japanese language as they will be required to converse fluently during the interview process, which is conducted entirely in Japanese. International students are eligible to apply.
Also, apply for Rotary Peace Fellowships 2023-24
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023-2024 in Japan Details:
|Scholarship Offered By
|Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
|Masters & Ph.D.
|Up to 5 years
|Number of scholarships
|Fall Deadline: April 1 – April 30, 2023
Selected candidates for this scholarship can receive the subsequent benefits:
- ¥200,000 per month for 1 or 2 years
- ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
- ¥150,000 per month for 4 years or 5 years
- The scholarship includes coverage for travel expenses that will be incurred by the recipients to attend an international conference.
- It is strictly prohibited for the scholarship recipient to receive any other scholarship or financial aid in conjunction with the HONJO scholarship offered by the foundation.
- To be eligible for the HONJO scholarship, applicants must be international students and should not hold Japanese citizenship.
- Candidates who are already enrolled in an eligible degree program at a Japanese institute or those who are applying for admission to a program at any Japanese institute are eligible to apply for the HONJO scholarship.
- Applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants who are interested in pursuing research-based graduate programs are eligible to apply for the HONJO scholarship.
- The enrolment duration until graduation must be longer than 12 months.
- Applicant must have an excellent academic background.
- Applicant must be able to converse in the Japanese Language.
- The age limit for PhD students is 35 years and for Masters students, the age limit is 30 years by the time of application.
Documents Required for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation in Japan 2023-2024?
- Academic transcript (Japanese or English )
- Research plan in Japanese (Research plan template)
- A recommendation letter from a supervisor
- Documents that prove admission, like an admission letter, a letter of acceptance, etc.
- Valid Passport
The last date to apply for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation in Japan 2023-2024 is April 30, 2023.
- Visit the official link of the scholarship
- Confirm that you are eligible to apply and have all the required documents.
- Visit entry.hisf.or.jp for registration on Honjo Scholarship Online Application System.
- Enter the “online application system”. Fill out the application form and upload the required documents.
- Once the documents are submitted, the application range is issued, and PDFs of your form are created. Please save the PDF file as you may want it once the result’s proclaimed on the official website.