The Colombia Government Scholarship 2023 for International Students presents an exceptional chance in a remarkable country. This program welcomes applications from individuals who are not Colombian nationals, offering them the opportunity to pursue a Master’s, Specialization, Doctorate, or Free Spanish Language course under this scholarship. The ICETEX, which is responsible for funding this initiative, ensures that successful applicants receive financial support. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to study in Colombia!
Also apply for: Tulane University Scholarships 2023 in the USA
The Colombia Government Scholarship program, administered by ICETEX, is an institution of the Colombian state dedicated to promoting higher education and providing assistance to foreign citizens. This prestigious scholarship offers comprehensive coverage to successful applicants. It includes benefits such as health insurance, medical expenses, tuition fees, visa assistance, living expenses, monthly support, installation expenses, and books. Notably, there is no requirement for applicants to submit IELTS scores for this scholarship program. This provides an excellent opportunity for international students to pursue their educational goals in Colombia without the need for an IELTS examination.
Colombia Government Scholarship 2023 for International Students Details:
|Scholarship Host Country:
|Master’s, Doctorate, Specialization, Free Spanish Language course
|12th June 2023
|Spanish Language Course
|Upto 6 Months
|Up to 18 months (3 academic semesters)
|Up to 48 months (8 academic semesters)
|Up to 48 months (8 academic semesters)
- Coverage of the Entire Tuition Fee: The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees for the chosen academic program.
- Coverage of Health Policy/Medical Insurance: Successful applicants receive health insurance coverage during their stay in Colombia, ensuring access to medical services and support.
- Visa by the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs: The scholarship program assists in obtaining the necessary visa for international students to study in Colombia. The process is facilitated by the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Expenses of Books and Materials: The scholarship provides financial assistance to cover the costs of books and other study materials required for the academic program.
- Living Expenses/Monthly Support: A monthly stipend is provided to cover living expenses, including accommodation, meals, transportation, and other daily necessities.
- Installation Expenses: The scholarship includes support for installation expenses, which may include initial accommodation arrangements, transportation, and settling-in costs.
- Unforeseen Costs: The scholarship program also takes into consideration unforeseen costs that may arise during the duration of the academic program, providing financial assistance to handle such situations.
- Not having Colombian nationality: The scholarship is open to individuals who are not citizens of Colombia.
- No marital or de facto relationship in Colombia: Applicants should not have any marital or de facto relationship established in Colombia at the time of application.
- Age restrictions: Applicants must be under the age of 50 years old.
- Educational background: Candidates should possess a professional, undergraduate, or graduate degree in any field of study. There are no specific restrictions on the area of knowledge.
- Multiple program applications: Applicants have the opportunity to apply for up to three-degree programs of their choice.
- IELTS not required: The scholarship program does not require applicants to submit IELTS scores. This means that applicants are not obliged to take the IELTS exam as part of the application process.
Required Documents for Colombia Government Scholarship 2023 for International Students:
- Academic Letter of Recommendation: A letter of recommendation from an academic referee who can attest to the applicant’s qualifications, achievements, and potential for success in their chosen field of study.
- Letter of Admission from the Colombian University: A formal acceptance letter from a Colombian university stating that the applicant has been admitted into the desired degree program.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): A comprehensive document outlining the applicant’s educational background, work experience, skills, and any other relevant achievements or qualifications.
- Spanish Language Proficiency Score: Applicants are typically required to provide a score or certificate indicating their proficiency in the Spanish language, which may be determined through an examination or language assessment.
- Academic Essay: A well-written essay discussing the importance and relevance of the applicant’s proposed studies in Colombia. This essay should highlight the applicant’s academic and research interests, career goals, and how studying in Colombia will contribute to their professional development.
- Notarized Copies of Academic Transcripts: Certified copies of academic transcripts from all previous educational institutions attended, providing a comprehensive record of the applicant’s academic performance.
- Copy of Passport: A clear copy of the applicant’s passport, verifying their identity and citizenship.
- Certificate of Professional Experience: If applicable, a certificate or documentation verifying the applicant’s relevant professional experience in their field of study.
- Health Certificate: A document attesting to the applicant’s physical and mental health, ensuring they are fit to undertake studies in Colombia.
- Summary of the Online Application: A summary or confirmation document that outlines the details and information provided during the online application process.
|June 12th 2023
|Evaluation and selection
|June 15th to June18th 2023
|June 22nd 2023
|Start of studies in Colombia
|To be Confirmed
How to Apply for Colombia Government Scholarship 2023 for International Students?
Please ensure that all applications are submitted prior to the application deadline of June 12, 2023. International Students have the option to submit their applications online through the Online Portal.