The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program for the years 2023-2024 has been crafted to retain the most brilliant and talented intellects within Canada. This funding opportunity is intended for exceptional postdoctoral candidates who have demonstrated excellence in their academic and research pursuits globally. The Banting Fellowship for 2023-2024 in Canada is open to domestic and international scholars. The primary objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program is to cultivate and enhance leadership skills among the most exceptional and talented postdoctoral researchers. In addition to developing leadership skills among the current generation of postdoctoral researchers, the Banting Fellowship also aims to create research leaders for future generations.
The Vanier Banting Fellowship program offers a total of 70 fellowships per year, which are evenly distributed among three prestigious Canadian institutes: the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC). The responsibility for selecting candidates for the Vanier Banting Fellowship program rests with the three federal institutions. The Vanier Banting Secretariat is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Vanier Banting Fellowship program. At the same time, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) are responsible for selecting candidates. These federal tri-agencies work collaboratively with the Vanier Banting Secretariat to ensure equity and eliminate bias during the selection process.
The Banting International Fellowships program is open to both national and international scholars and provides a generous award of $70,000 per year for two years. Candidates for the Banting International Fellowships program are nominated directly by their host institutions. The Banting Fellowship program ensures that the research undertaken by its scholars aligns with the priorities of the host institution. The following paragraphs provide a detailed overview of the complete application process for the Banting Fellowship program.
The Banting Fellowships in Canada prioritize applications that demonstrate a scholar’s commitment to originality and a sustainable research ecosystem. The Banting Fellowship program operates on the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and strives to provide equitable opportunities to both national and international scholars. The Banting Fellowship program operates on the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and strives to provide equitable opportunities to both national and international scholars. This article serves as a comprehensive guide for postdoctoral scholars seeking a Vanier Banting Fellowship in Canada.
Also, Apply for Leiden University Scholarships 2023 in Netherlands
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program in Canada 2023-2024 Details:
|Government of Canada
|Banting Fellowship Duration:
|No. of Fellowships:
|20 September 2023
Benefits of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada 2023-2024:
- An annual payment of CAD 70,000 will be provided.
- The scholars will have the opportunity to conduct their research program under the guidance of top Canadian supervisors.
- The fellowships are awarded in an equitable manner
- Applicants must have completed their PhD, or a Ph.D. match of a health professional degree, between September 15, 2020, and September 30, 2024, or before the fellowship’s start date.
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada can only hold the fellowship at Canadian institutions.
- To be eligible for the fellowship, Canadian or permanent residents of Canada who obtained their PhD from a foreign institution must conduct their postdoctoral research in a Canadian institution.
- Canadian or permanent resident applicants are eligible if they completed their PhD or equivalent in a Canadian or foreign institute and continue their postdoc in a Canadian institute.
- The award is a one-time opportunity and can only be received once in a scholar’s lifetime.
- Only postdoctoral scholars who have been nominated by their host institutions are eligible for the fellowship.
- Scholars of all nationalities are eligible to apply, but international students must continue their program in Canada for the duration of the fellowship.
- Applicants must contact their desired supervisor and confirm that their institute is eligible for the Banting fellowship program.
How to apply?
- Applicants are required to submit their application through a ResearchNet account.
- The applicants are required to generate a Vanier Banting Canadian Common CV (CCV) and subsequently upload it to the ResearchNet application.
- The candidates are required to submit their applications through their host institutions.
- Each institution has its deadline, so applicants must apply before the deadline set by their respective host institutions.
- The application must be submitted in either English or French.
- The application should consist of the following documents.
- Identification of the research field.
- The application must include the identification of referees and collaborators.
- The application should include information on the research proposal along with all the necessary supporting documents.
- The application documents must be prepared following the specified guidelines and standards.
- Make sure to complete all the requirements of the application; otherwise, you will not be eligible.
- Before applying, the candidate must give their consent.
Banting Fellowships Application Deadline:
The deadline to apply for the postdoctoral fellowships 2023-2024 is September 20, 2023, at 8:00 PM EDT.